Tuesday 1 December 2015

I'm still here! :D

Evening all,

Progress has resumed-this time it's the cockpit seats being built up and then detailled more thoroughly, the pilot and co-pilot's level has had a bit more of a structure added to it.

So, plan for the cockpit: Finish central rear crew seat, finish rear crew instrument panel-detail bomb-aimer's position, add jump seats, detail upper cockpit, complete the canopy and finally add ribbing and panels on one side. (To show the interior). I've also decided to get the main wing spars out of the way once the cockpit has been completed.

Picture time!!!! :D

















Sam

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work matey. Makes my bog standard Arifix build pail into insignificance (should I ever get it started).
    All credit to you, it must be taking ages.
    Best wishes

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very, very much for your rather kind comment :) It is taking ages-being an A level student doesn't help, but i've been doing a bit of research for this project regarding the Blue Steel missile attachment to the bomb bay. I've only found two pictures of the bomb bay fairing itself! I also now have access to a CAD/CAM software so I have been making use of that-i'll post a few photos up by the end of the week (cutaway of the blue steel missile and scale drawings of the canopy section).

      It just so happens that I am also an Airfix modeller-I wish they re-tooled their 30 year old Vulcan moulds to make a truly worthy 1:72 model of one. Nevertheless, their new Victor is a step in the right direction :P

      Kind regards and a happy new year,

      Sam

      Delete